Attorneys are covered under VLP malpractice insurance on any case they accept pro bono. In addition VLP will provide CLE training for attorneys who volunteer through the program.
Self Help Centers: VLP coordinates and staffs the Self Help Desks located in Buffalo, Douglas, Hall, Lancaster and Madison Counties. In 2014, VLP is working to establish a self-help center in Scotts Bluff County and to formalize a partnership with the Phelps County Bar Association, which started a self-help desk in 2013. These Self Help Centers have served over 3,500 pro se litigants annually. With the expansion of self-help centers in 2014, the NSBA hopes to expand its ability to serve low income Nebraskans.
Self Help Centers are located in the Courthouses of the following counties:
- Buffalo County- The first Friday of the month, open 10 am - 2 pm
- Douglas County- Opened Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 am - 2 pm
- Hall County-Fridays 10 am - 2 pm
- Lancaster County- Open Monday 10 am - 2 pm, and Thursday 9 am - 1 pm
- Madison County- The third Friday of the month, open 10 am - 2 pm
- Scotts Bluff County - 2nd & 4th Thursdays of the month 11 am - 1 pm
To volunteer at a Self Help Desk complete and submit the enrollment form.